Independent in Indy

Monday, March 06, 2006

A Few of My Favorite Things

Do you ever have something happen that you forgot you loved?

That happened to me yesterday afternoon. I was having a lazy Sunday afternoon that was instantly brightened with a forehead kiss. I adore forehead kisses…they are sweet, gentle and enduring.

The forehead kiss led me to think about other things I love and I began to develop a list of my favorite things.

I couldn’t quit smiling when I was finished making my list and strongly encourage you to make a list of your own. It can be used to cheer you up on a bad day and/or remind you to be grateful for the little things.

Below is my partial list (hope you enjoy!):

• Getting a card for no reason

• My niece’s giggle

• Rain while I nap

• The smell of a cigar (reminds me of my granddaddy)

• A new episode of Grey’s anatomy

• Flip- flops and high heels

• Hearing someone with an accent like mine

• Dancing all night

• Crushed ice

• Singing karaoke in my room

• Crushed ice in a Styrofoam cup

• An elderly couple holding hands

• Sweet tea with crushed ice in a Styrofoam cup

• Petting a dog

• Hearing my parents say they are proud of me

• Chapstick that tingles on my lips

• My t-shirt quilt

• The Alabama the Beautiful sign when I cross the state line

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home