Independent in Indy

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

I Am Blessed

Walking around Birmingham airport at 5:45am, still half asleep, I handed my ticket to the lady at the gate. She had a really big smile and on her face and I asked her how she was.

She replied, “I am blessed.”

That response took me by surprise and made me stop rushing to get through security.

I took my time as I thought about how I just spent the most amazing Easter weekend with my family complete with baking cookies, a birthday party, an egg hunt, worship on Good Friday and Easter, make-overs, jumping on the trampoline, my brother’s favorite Threes Company reruns, daddy’s jokes, momma’s hugs, and laughter – lots and lots of laughter.

I am thankful for the humble spirit of a stranger reminding me just how blessed I am. Blessed indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home