Independent in Indy

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Goals - What Goals?

So here came the infamous New Year question, "Have you written all your goals down yet?" I had already asked two people this same question earlier so I am not quite sure why I was surprised when it was asked of me. Except, I didn't have the 'right' answer.

I hadn't written not one goal down and even worse I had no idea what I really even wanted in the New Year.

And yep I said that out loud to my friend which was a big mistake. The look on his face was shock followed by a disappointed sounding "You have to have some goals about something this year."

But I didn't and I still don't.

The New Year for me has been more about reflecting than goal setting. I have made some major changes in a year some of which were based on goals the previous year. And I am still trying to digest all the craziness, disappointments, successes and accomplishments that only come when you really challenge who you are and what you want.

So to all you goal setters out there - I am proud of you and hope you are well on your way to reaching every goal you set.

As for me - I am comfortable, at least for the moment, to just be.