Independent in Indy

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Big Fat Liar

After reading Seth Godin’s new liar’s blog it reminded me of a recent lie I was told.

I received marketing materials from a local lawn care company last week complete with a mini-catalog with a headline that read, We will be spending a lot of time at Walnut Bend Road this spring.

Big fat liar.

So I shouldn’t have been surprised when I was awakened early Saturday morning from this same lawn care company. A polite gentleman proceeds to inform me that his company will be spending time at Walnut Bend this week ensuring my lawn was well maintained and asked if I had any questions.

I started laughing and stated I only had one question, “Did you know you are a liar?”

He said excuse me with questioning in his tone. Then I proceeded to inform him I didn’t have a lawn. I live in an apartment complex.

He immediately apologized but I found it necessary to coach him before I hung up the phone…

“Your company might want to spend more time researching their “leads” before they waste their money and my time. And I am deeply saddened that your company encourages you to lie to me especially on my day off.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home