Independent in Indy

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Don't Waste the Pretty

I came across this phrase in my recent reading of “He’s Just Not That Into You.” I bought the book for two reasons:

1. I suck at dating.
2. All the press and hype over the book peaked my curiosity.

I enjoyed the book and realized I understand a lot more about dating and relationships than I thought I did plus I learned a phrase that I can apply in any area of my life…

“Don’t waste the pretty!”

Now the author said this phrase as it relates to women settling for less than they deserve in relationships. He says you are too pretty to waste energy on why he didn’t call or why he says hurtful things, etc. Just get out of the relationship and move on.

But this doesn’t just apply to women and relationships.

So many times we (me included) expend so much time and energy criticizing, doubting and judging ourselves that we forget to let our true selves shine. Don’t give yourself over to negativity. Find people and things that compliment, support and encourage the person you are and the person you desire to be.

Today is the day to “Stop wasting the pretty!”

1 Comments:

  • At 3:02 AM, Blogger dn.kukeliku said…

    I'm reading this book too, and I was trying to understand this very sentence (I'm italian)... you helped me to get it and to apply it to myself like you do, so, thanx!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home