Independent in Indy

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Happy Birthday Willie!

Willie Nelson turned 72 today and I am celebrating with a trip down memory lane:

Whiskey River – lots of late nights at college with my girlfriends begging the Wayne Mills Band to play this tune just one more time. We also had our own dance to this tune.

Mama Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys – one of my daddy’s favorites. I remember him, a normally shy singer, not afraid to let us hear him belt out this tune.

Georgia – one of my mom’s favorites and mine. A man can make me melt just by asking me to dance to this song but only if it is Willie’s version.

On the Road Again – every road trip the 810 girls and I took in college this was blasting throughout the car. We even had our own lyrics but I can’t reveal everything on my blog.

Thanks Willie for making music, music that reminds me of some very special memories that I will always cherish.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:09 AM, Blogger Stacy1971 said…

    You are such a great writer and you should do more of it.

    I love you more than I could possibly write about it.

    Stacy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home